Restricted electric devices
Restricted electric devices on aircrafts
As the use of electronic (electric) devices on board may hinder the safe operation of the flight, their use is restricted, including while on the ground.
By notification of the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport, and Tourism, the use of restricted electronics on board the aircraft is prohibited by law.
Violators may be fined up to \500,000.
|Electronic devices that do not intentionally emit radio waves when activated||
those which doesn't emit radio waves when activated
|Electronic devices that intentionally emit radio waves when activated||
The electronic devices above cannot be used from when the doors are closed for departure until the aircraft has started taxiing after landing.
- *"Devices that do not emit radio waves when activated" means that the function to talk and to send e-mail/texts disabled even if the power is on, such as airplane mode.
- *Your captain may request you to turn your electronic devices off depending on circumstances.
- Please be sure to set your devices to not emit radio waves before the doors are closed for departure.
- Bluetooth connection between devices (such as wireless mice and wireless headphones) and Wi-Fi connection (for electronic games) can be used at any time.
- Wireless communication with external equipment (Wi-Fi connection) is prohibited. Please use the in-flight direct connection between electronic devices.
- Please be considerate of other passengers and refrain from making phone calls.